About the Knox and District Toy Library
The Knox and District Toy Library has played an integral service to the families of Knox for the past 40+ years.
The Knox Toy Library provides a variety of fun, educational and age-appropriate toys for loan, at an affordable rate, to promote children's learning and development through play. The Toy Library is also an informal meeting point for parents of varying cultural and socio-economic groups.
We cater for children from 6 months to 6 years old. A Toy Library membership gives children the opportunity to experience a wider range of toys than they wouldn’t normally have access to, and it allows children to make choices and to learn from their decision making.
Become a member today!
A committee of volunteers who are members of the Toy Library runs Knox and District Toy Library Inc. The Committee of Management meets monthly and all decisions are made at these meetings which members are welcome to attend. The committee is elected each year at the Annual General Meeting.
The benefits of becoming a committee member include:
- Participate in making a difference in the community through the Toy Library.
- Interact with a great group of people on the management committee.
- Have your annual membership fee waived
- Receive a free Party Pack hire every year.
The management committee is not only responsible for the general operations of the Toy Library but also places high priority on raising funds through events and grant applications.
Our commitment to child safety
Knox and District Toy Library, Inc. is committed to child safety.
- We want children to be safe, happy and empowered.
- We support and respect all children, as well as our staff and volunteers.
- We are committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of all children.
- We have zero tolerance of child abuse, and all allegations and safety concerns will be treated very seriously and consistently with our robust policies and procedures.
- We have legal and moral obligations to contact authorities when we are worried about a child’s safety, which we follow rigorously.
- Knox and District Toy Library, Inc. is committed to preventing child abuse and identifying risks early, and removing and reducing these risks.
- Knox and District Toy Library, Inc. has robust human resources and recruitment practices to reduce the risk of child abuse by new and existing committee members, staff and volunteers.
- Knox and District Toy Library, Inc. is committed to regularly training and educating our committee members, staff and volunteers on child abuse risks.
- We are committed to the cultural safety of Aboriginal children, the cultural safety of children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, and to providing a safe environment for children with a disability.
- We have specific policies and procedures in place that support our committee members, staff and volunteers to achieve these commitments.